Wednesday, January 23, 2019

When a class is cancelled, that leaves time for creating art - so off I go. Heading into my usual piecing frenzy for two great upcoming shows!!!

I have been notified by the TETT Centre that there were few responses to Hand Dyed Roving - it's just the wrong time of year for those who think about hauling home wet fibre at the end of a long cold 'winters day'. So, our February 10th workshop at the TETT Centre is cancelled - but I will continue dyeing here at home like I have been doing several times a month since summer. The cupboard is getting really full of beautiful hand dyed fibres...

AND I have a great stash for the scheduled WET FELTED ART workshop … have a peek and see if your calendar will allow you a chance to come and play along!
 Thursday evening,
 February 26th at the TETT... 
6-9 pm



We will be creating landscapes that can be mounted and shared on canvas or framed and set inside a frame. LOVE small art landscapes in felt!!



Making small landscapes is sooo much fun... and I supply all the wool for the class. Come join me and have some fun!  Layering, wetting, rubbing, layering again - so easy and you can take new skills in any direction you want!

And


When the calendar has openings, that means I can get busy and make ART! The cancelled class at the start of February means I have time for creative play time at my house!  I LOVE that!

The QUINTE FIBRE ARTISTS show is coming fast now, with art work delivery due in Belleville February 16th. 

I hope you will mark your calendar and join us for a visit - this is a grouping of artwork by very talented artists from Picton, Belleville, Tweed and Wellington. (and yes, I am honored to be included as the Kingston area member - so much fun to work with these wonderful women!

 OPENING Reception
 Saturday February 23, 2019 
from 2-4 pm...




Then comes the KINGSTON FIBRE ARTISTS Show and Sale "ART THREADS" Opening April 8th at the Tett... lots of stitching on the machine and by hand. Loving working with WOOL this winter... what a perfect choice on these cold wet days.

Enjoy these winter days for your own special stitch time... can't wait to see what you have been up to!
Bethany