Creating cloth with your hands is one of the most satisfying activities an artist can experience!
In this workshop, students will receive an individual kit of colourful wool roving and miscellaneous yarn fibres that will be used to create an original piece of wet felted art cloth. The process is hands-on, fun andEASY! Everyone will go home with a starting point for creating hand made felt on their own, experimenting and growing their skills as they PLAY!
The handmade felted cloth can be used for various projects including scarves, vessels, wall art, table accessories, a base for embroidery and more. Please bring a plastic container or bag to bring your project home. Ages 16+
* Wet Felting Kit included.
* A comprehensive workshop handout is provided.
Where: Activity Room, 1st Floor, Room 108
Tett Centre for Creativity & Learning, 370 King Street West
Bethany's sold-out class is back! In this 3 hour workshop, you will discover the magic of indigo dyeing as our "For the Love of Blue" Artist Instructor takes you on a journey you will love to continue at home.
This class is designed to share multiple techniques that delight and stimulate creativity and result in a beautiful collection of hand-dyed fabric samples for you to work with after class. Everyone welcome.
Students learn about fabric preparation, stitching, clamping, and wrapping techniques. Enjoy instructor-led demonstrations and free time to create! The Workshop focuses in on ‘easy to use at home’, studio bucket dyeing methods that everyone can use and take away for further exploration as they develop their new skills.
* Dye materials included in class fee.
* A comprehensive workshop handout folder is provided.
* 1 M. of 100% Cotton, prepared for dyeing Sample Cloth included.
* Please bring a large container to take home wet papers/fabrics.
* Students are welcome to bring their own PRE-WASHED fabrics/yarns/threads. (Important for best results)
* Students may also purchase additional yardage of prepared cloth for $10 per metre, cash. (Provided yardage is pre-ordered through the Instructor at email@example.com at least a week before class)
* Please bring a plastic container to take your wet projects home.